error with netscape6

Asim Khan akhan at SGHMS.AC.UK
Fri Jun 14 16:40:54 IST 2002

  ..My netscape6 seems to give errors like:

   'An error occurred while sending mail.
     The mail server responded :
     Unexpected failure, please try later.
     Please verify that your email address is correct
     in your mail preferences and try again'

   the only setting I've changed on my mail account in netscape6
   is 'My Outgoing Server (SMTP): mancity:sghsms.ac.uk' - my local unix
        box from 'mail.sghms.ac.uk' - the mail mail server..

    mancity is the host with mailscanner/exim running on it..

   the screen freezes and no email is sent...?

   BUT if I use /usr/lib/sendmail -v username at sghms.ac.uk as root
   the user recieves the email..?

    ..Any suggestions would be much appreciated...?

   Asim Khan
   Unix System Administrator
   Computing Services
   St George's Hospital Medical School