ANNOUNCE: Version 3.20-1 released

Jeff A. Earickson jaearick at COLBY.EDU
Fri Jun 14 15:39:13 IST 2002

Julian,

   Installed, working great so far.  I love the fact that the IP number and
domain name now appear in the spamassassin syslogs.  Here's yet another
suggestion from the peanut gallery to make things even better:

* I wish there was an (initially empty) "etc-local" directory in
  /opt/mailscanner for my tweeks to the configuration files in
  /opt/mailscanner/etc.  The idea here is that your default configuration
  files go into /opt/mailscanner/etc, and my modifications to one of
  your config files goes into etc-local.  For instance, I have several
  mods to /opt/mailscanner/etc/mailscanner.conf.solaris.  Installing
  a new version of mailscanner is painful because I have to go thru the
  config files and re-tweek my changes before starting things up again.
  This takes time, and mail stacks up in the queue meanwhile.
  If there were:

     /opt/mailscanner/etc/mailscanner.conf.solaris (your config, untouched)

  and

    /opt/mailscanner/etc-local/mailscanner.conf.solaris (lines containing my mods)

  where the settings in etc-local override the setting for the corresponding
  file in etc, then I can keep my mods separated from your defaults.  The
  logic of "read etc config file, read etc-local config file for override
  settings" could apply to any file in /opt/majordomo/etc at startup.

** Jeff A. Earickson, Ph.D                         PHONE: 207-872-3659
** Senior UNIX Sysadmin, Information Technology    EMAIL: jaearick at colby.edu
** Colby College, 4214 Mayflower Hill,               FAX: 207-872-3076
** Waterville ME, 04901-8842