ANNOUNCE: Version 3.20-1 released

Gerry Doris gerry at dorfam.ca
Fri Jun 14 14:58:38 IST 2002

My but you've been a busy little fellow!!!

I have a few questions about your changes...

> -- Added configuration option to list viruses that should be quietly
> deleted without informing the sender or recipient. A good example is
> the "Klez" worm

Why would I want to do this???  Whey wouldn't I want to tell the
sender/recipient that their mail had a virus??
> -- Added optional internal TNEF expansion using CPAN Perl Convert::TNEF
> module

I know nothing about TNEF expansion.  Which to you recommend...the old
external one or the CPAN one?
> -- Won't call SpamAssassin on every message when it doesn't need to

This is excellent.  It's the reason I've been running spamassassin via
procmail instead of mailscanner since most of my messages come in via mail
lists and don't need to be spam scanned.

Gerry
--
"The lyfe so short, the craft so long to learne" Chaucer