F-Prot Update Script Available

Julian Field jkf at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Thu Jun 13 15:35:27 IST 2002

At 15:20 13/06/2002, you wrote:
>I somehow love my update script.
><snip>
>It works. ;-)

But what if MailScanner happens to call your copy of F-Prot while it is
half way through unpacking the zip files? That batch of messages won't be
scanned properly and so a virus could easily slip through the net.

This is why my autoupdate scripts use a lockfile in /tmp (which interacts
with MailScanner).

                             Southampton SO17 1BJ