F-Prot Update Script Available

Lewis Bergman lbergman at abi.tconline.net
Wed Jun 12 17:03:45 IST 2002

> > For those that are using F-Prot but not checking the F-Prot website there
> > have been several updates to the program over that last few weeks.  These
> > include changes to both the virus engine and the virus files.  Also, they
> > now provide a very nice update script that can be run as a cron job.
>
> Have you given that script a shot? Is it working well for you? Did you use
> a different one before?
>
> I looked at it briefly, it seemed more "complicated" than the previous ones
> listed on here.
It also doesn't work. I downloaded 3.12a and it had the script. It said all
was updated successfully but when I ran the other one I had used previously
it found a later macro def and installed it. So, even though it says it
worked it did not. At least not on my Linux box.

--
Lewis Bergman
Texas Communications