Two Questions

Gerry Doris gerry at dorfam.ca
Thu Jul 25 19:28:44 IST 2002

I have two questions that I can't find answers for:

1. I turned on spam logging and see the kind of message below.
Notice that it says that the IP address the message came from is
66.187.233.211 and the domain is dorfam.ca.

Well, dorfam.ca is my domain and it definitely isn't that IP address.  My
concern is that my domain is going to be automatically sent off to some of
the RBL sites (ie razor) when I receive a spam message with a count over
30 (I believe that's a default).

Unusual System Events
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
Jul 25 10:44:57 tiger mailscanner[10140]: Message g6PEiSC12183 from
66.187.233.211 (dorfam.ca) is spam according to SpamAssassin (score=5.2,
required 5, RCVD_IN_OSIRUSOFT_COM, X_OSIRU_SPAM_SRC, AWL)

2. mailscanner always appears as a zombie process when I do a ps aux.
I've tried booting the server without mailscanner enabled and then
manually starting it.  As soon as I start mailscanner I have it listed as
a zombie.  Restarting mailscanner only changes the pid...I still end up
with a zombie.

Inspite of this mailscanner seems to be working perfectly.  However, I
have no idea where/how to fix this???  I'm not even sure it's worth the
effort of trying to fix it???

Gerry