How to increase scanning efficiency? Too many messages in mqueue.in

Emily Yau emily_post at HOTMAIL.COM
Wed Jul 17 23:30:31 IST 2002

Hi,

With the recent run of viruses and spam, our Mailscanner is having a tough
time keeping up with amount of incoming messages.  mqueue.in gets rather
large at times.

Our current setup:
Mailscanner version 3.11-1 runs on a E450, Solaris 8 (4 CPU's, but only 1 is
utilized by Mailscanner)
This server is the user's incoming and outgoing mailserver.

Perhaps we can move mailscanning to a separate machine?  Multiple instances
of mailscanner on one mailserver is not possible at this point (I've read?)

Was hoping people could share some info about their current set ups, and/or
give any architectural suggestions.

Thank you in advance,
Emily