MAPS RBL+ worth it?

Peter Peters P.G.M.Peters at civ.utwente.nl
Wed Jul 17 14:38:07 IST 2002

On Wed, 17 Jul 2002 21:59:07 +1000, you wrote:

>> I didn't have time to dig deep (I am now writing a report script for
>> providers who's users abuse our formmail script).
>
>Please say you meant to write "try to abuse our formmail script"...

This is wat I meant.

>If they really are abusing it, then by now you will have been black-listed
>at the monkeys.com FormMail RBL list, and that is a *permanent* list
>i.e. your mail-server's IP address never comes off it...
>
>A secure replacement for Matt Wright's awful script has been available
>for some months.

We are using formmail 1.9s which sends a warning to postmaster. But I
want to process those automatically. I have the script that does the
reporting but I don't want to overload the abuse desk of the provider
when some spammer tries our formmail thousands of times.

--
Peter Peters
senior netwerkbeheerder,  Centrum voor Informatievoorziening,