Syslog patch problem on Solaris 8?

Jeff A. Earickson jaearick at COLBY.EDU
Wed Jul 17 13:16:00 IST 2002

Howdy,
  I have patch 110945-06 installed on my mailserver, and mailscannner is
happily chattering away to syslog for me.  I replaced Sun's perl with
5.6.1.  See mailscanner FAQ #1, make sure "-t" isn't a syslog option.
Maybe stop and restart syslog and see if that clears the problem?

** Jeff A. Earickson, Ph.D                         PHONE: 207-872-3659
** Senior UNIX Sysadmin, Information Technology    EMAIL: jaearick at colby.edu
** Colby College, 4214 Mayflower Hill,               FAX: 207-872-3076
** Waterville ME, 04901-8842