Follow-up to SpamAssassin Hangup

Mojahedul Hoque Abul Hasanat mojahed at AGNI.COM
Tue Jul 16 09:16:58 IST 2002

On Tue, Jul 16, 2002 at 09:38:11AM +0200, Thierry Carrez wrote:
> On my own setup : 8 SA "timeouts" observed, 7 in the first 4 hours after
> a restart and 1 outside this scope.

For me, after the last manual restart of mailscanner, 776 kills in the
first 4 hours, 0 (zero) kills after the first auto re-exec.  Already
passed over 15K mails after that point.

> Did all your SA kills occur during the four hours after a restart or
> do you have any strange occurence ?

Exactly during the first 4 hours.  Something magical happens at the
re-exec point.

Your data matches with mine.  That 1 kill outside scope was probably due
to DNS timeouts or SA really taking more than its allotted time.  See
what happens if you increase the SA timout.  Mine is set at 25 now.

--
Mojahed
System Administrator, Agni Systems Limited