Follow-up to SpamAssassin Hangup

Thierry Carrez tcarrez at SCORT.COM
Tue Jul 16 08:38:11 IST 2002

Mojahedul Hoque Abul Hasanat wrote:

> This is a miracle!  Once MailScanner re-executed itself after the
> default 4 hours, the spamassassin hangup problem just vanished.  The log
> shows gobbles of "SpamAssassin timed out..." before the first restart,
> after that it's clean like a baby.
>
> This is the second time I witnessed this miracle.  If I kill MailScanner
> and start it, hangups start showing up until the first re-exec.
>
> Any scientific explanations?

No idea.

On my own setup : 8 SA "timeouts" observed, 7 in the first 4 hours after
a restart and 1 outside this scope.

Mojahedul :
Did all your SA kills occur during the four hours after a restart or do
you have any strange occurence ?

Since I am in a testing phase I killed/restarted mailscanner a lot, but
I confirm that once I let it run the SA "timeouts" don't seem to occur...

Weird.

--
Thierry Carrez