MailScanner sudden failure!

Peter Peters P.G.M.Peters at civ.utwente.nl
Mon Jul 15 07:31:45 IST 2002

On Fri, 12 Jul 2002 16:10:37 -0400, you wrote:

>Well, something strange was happening today.  This morning I found that
>most of my mail including the MailScanner list was being marked as spam.
>Checking the headers showed that Spam.cop was the culprit.

Spamcop has some "strange" ways to consider a source as a spamsource. It
calculates the number of received spams in regard to the total ammount
of normal mail from that source. If no other mails were received the
spampercentage is 100% and the source is included in the LBR.

--
Peter Peters
senior netwerkbeheerder,  Centrum voor Informatievoorziening,