Cobalt Mailscanner/F-Prot PKG

Jonothon Ortiz jon at XNEXT.COM
Thu Jul 11 16:03:26 IST 2002

Cobalt Mailscanner/F-Prot PKG done by the very talented steve at bassi.com =)

Email is replicated here =)

Apologies if this is a dupe =)

steve at bassi.com sayeth:

I have created a pkg for the RAQ3 and 4 using mailscanner and F-Prot.

What the package does, is intall the mailscanner and F -Prot files and
updates the virus definitions automatically, and emails postmaster at your
domain.com , when the definitions are updated.

It also installs/upgrades unzip latest version, which is required for the
virus definitions.

After installing the above files , I back up syslog and amend it so that
syslog starts with "daemon syslogd -r -m 0" instead of "daemon syslogd -m 0"

Before using the pkg, please see http://www.f-prot.com/products/fplin.html
to ensure your situation qualifies to use F-Prot free of charge.

If you are using your RAQ commerically, then there would be a license fee
payable to Frisk for their virus definitions.

I have asked Frisk to consider making a special rate for RAQ owners using
their definitions in a commercial environment.

Please be honest and do not use the pkg's if you use your RAQ commerically.

You may obtain more information regarding MailScanner from the authors
website on http://www.mailscanner.info

Ok .. heres the pkg's

http://www.firstwebspace.com/raq/RAQ3-Bassi-MailScanner-3.21-1.pkg

http://www.firstwebspace.com/raq/RaQ4-Bassi-MailScanner-3.21-1.pkg