Minor problems with messages to users

Denis Beauchemin Denis.Beauchemin at USHERBROOKE.CA
Thu Jul 11 15:04:37 IST 2002

Hi,

I am experimenting with MailScanner and I have a few problems:

1- using McAfee, when a virus is found I get a line saying so but the
line contains the message ID part of the PATH:
Résultats de l'antivirus:
   /g69IuTY08361/VALUE.exe        Found the W32/Klez.h at MM virus !!!

I would like it to read:
   VALUE.exe        Found the W32/Klez.h at MM virus !!!

How could this be done?  I believe it must come from ProcessMcAfeeOutput
in sweep.pl, I guess we would have to modify $lastline =~ s/$BaseDir//;
for something else containing the message ID, but what?

2- In the message templates, when using $Config::QuarantineDir (message
$id), we don't really get the real PATH to the files:
/quarantaine (message g6BDvaW18733)
while the real PATH is:
/quarantaine/20020711/g6BDvaW18733/

Could the date be put back in
($Config::QuarantineDir/DATE_VARIABLE/$id)???

3- As you may have noticed in question 1, I translated all messages in
French.  There is a small problem here too:

Résultats de l'antivirus:
   /g69IuTY08361/VALUE.exe        Found the W32/Klez.h at MM virus !!!
   Les fichiers «.EXE» sont trop souvent infectés in VALUE.exe
                                                  ^^^^^^^^^^^^
Could the "in VALUE.ext" part be eliminated?  The "in" isn't the right
word in French (it means something else).  Besides the file name is
listed on the preceding line so I wouldn't miss it.  I would like it to
stick with the message in filename.rules.conf and not append anything to
it.

Thanks again for this great software!

Denis
--