SV: .exe and .com files

Peter Peters P.G.M.Peters at civ.utwente.nl
Tue Jul 9 14:33:56 IST 2002

On Tue, 9 Jul 2002 14:58:59 +0200, you wrote:

>> That way we would get much less calls from people requesting
>> their files
>> back.
>>
>> Could this be done?
>
>I prefer the other way that first check file rules and then do the scann
>Since we have an averige of 3-500 mails an hour I prefer to do it
>in that order, rather use my cpu for the files we accept then
>having it virusscan files we dont accept

Our mailservers don't do anything but handle mail for a number of
domains. We have an average of 600 mails per hour (during the day). At
this moment we receive 20 mails a minute with a load of 0.25 (10% idle).
This is for one Intel/linux server (PIII 1GHz, 512MB)

>I also changed the messages not to say Ive saved the files and they can call
>helpdesk.

Our helpdesk has never had any request for a saved file (yet).

Some more statistics:
We have 2 identical server (mx1 and mx2) running Suse linux 7.3.
We have 121 aliases (mainly listexpansion) and over 8500 virtual users
with mailboxes on other systems.
We have almost 160 virtual domains.
At the moment we have 90 domains in domains.to.scan.conf. Those 90
domains count for 8000 of the virtual users.

--
Peter Peters
senior netwerkbeheerder,  Centrum voor Informatievoorziening,