SV: .exe and .com files

Anders Andersson, IT andersan at LTKALMAR.SE
Tue Jul 9 13:58:59 IST 2002

As far as I figured out all mail will be scanned before file rules.

> That way we would get much less calls from people requesting
> their files
> back.
>
> Could this be done?
>
> Thanks!
> --
> Denis Beauchemin, analyste
> Université de Sherbrooke, S.T.I.
> T: 819.821.8000x2252 F: 819.821.8045

I prefer the other way that first check file rules and then do the scann
Since we have an averige of 3-500 mails an hour I prefer to do it
in that order, rather use my cpu for the files we accept then
having it virusscan files we dont accept
I also changed the messages not to say Ive saved the files and they can call
helpdesk.
Even though I save them for trials and virus test.
In our current system I also added a link to Trends-housecall for ppl on the
net
that might not have their own virusdefense. Its a little slow for ppl on
modem but
Ive got a lot of nice mails from ppl thanking me for the help.
Ups, this got out of hand but maybe it might help somone