no more virusscanning

Gerry Doris gerry at DORFAM.CA
Fri Jul 5 15:06:05 IST 2002

On Sat, 6 Jul 2002, Nick Phillips wrote:

> On Wed, Jul 03, 2002 at 01:24:38PM +0200, Peter Peters wrote:
>
> > I see f-prot is run in /var/spool/MailScanner/incoming with the command
> > "/opt/f-prot/f-prot  -old -archive -dumb .". But when I look in that
> > directory I only zie .headers files. And when I extend the logging a bit
> > more I get "Error: Cannot open message file.".
> >
> > I am running MailScanner 3.20-4.
>
> Sounds like f-prot is getting confused about where it lives. I've just recently
> downloaded the latest f-prot and notice that it *really* prefers to live in
> /usr/local/f-prot... this is IMHO extremely slack of someone.
>
> I'd expect that it would 'just work' if you move your f-prot installation to
> /usr/local/f-prot.
>
> Please let me know if you work out what is/has been going on; I'll be looking
> into it over the next few days in any case.
>

> Cheers,
>

> Nick

I believe the instructions that come with f-prot describe how to set it up
in /usr/local.  That's where I put it and it works just fine.  I don't
have any reference to it in /opt at all.

The instructions in mailscanner.conf say to add
Sweep=/usr/local/f-prot/f-wrapper if using f-prot.

Am I missing something again???

Gerry
--

"The lyfe so short, the craft so long to learne"  Chaucer