no more virusscanning

Nick Phillips nwp at LEMON-COMPUTING.COM
Fri Jul 5 14:35:06 IST 2002

On Wed, Jul 03, 2002 at 01:24:38PM +0200, Peter Peters wrote:

> I see f-prot is run in /var/spool/MailScanner/incoming with the command
> "/opt/f-prot/f-prot  -old -archive -dumb .". But when I look in that
> directory I only zie .headers files. And when I extend the logging a bit
> more I get "Error: Cannot open message file.".
>
> I am running MailScanner 3.20-4.

Sounds like f-prot is getting confused about where it lives. I've just recently
downloaded the latest f-prot and notice that it *really* prefers to live in
/usr/local/f-prot... this is IMHO extremely slack of someone.

I'd expect that it would 'just work' if you move your f-prot installation to
/usr/local/f-prot.

Please let me know if you work out what is/has been going on; I'll be looking
into it over the next few days in any case.

Cheers,

Nick

Nick Phillips -- nwp at lemon-computing.com
Don't plan any hasty moves.  You'll be evicted soon anyway.