extreamly long delays

Kris Stumpner kris at JUMPOUT.ORG
Thu Jul 4 15:37:06 IST 2002

I'm having a problem similar to this.  I keep getting 'Spamassassin timed
out and was killed.'  I bumped the timeout time for scanning the messages
from 10 seconds to 30 seconds and now I don't get this error... BUT,
SpamAssassin is taking 15-30 seconds to scan each email.

Kris
  -----Original Message-----
Behalf Of Bill Omer
  Sent: Wednesday, July 03, 2002 5:31 PM
  To: MAILSCANNER at JISCMAIL.AC.UK
  Subject: Re: [MAILSCANNER] extreamly long delays

  I have done both.

  However, I change:

  Check Spam = yes

  to Check Spam = no

  now everything is flying.  After doing a little reading, I've learned that
slow dns resolution can cause this problem.  However, I don't have a problem
at all with resolving domain names.

  Any idea's on what I should check for this?

  Spam Assassin was working great before (and still does if I run it rather
than mailscanner).

  Regards,

  Bill Omer