Best AntiVirus to use w/ Mailscanner

Julian Field mailscanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Tue Jul 2 16:35:20 IST 2002

At 16:18 02/07/2002, you wrote:
> [...]

We've used it for the entire University for over 3 years now. In that time,
I don't think we've ever (touch wood) had a duff update or serious problem
with it. They produce updates very quickly and it has proved to be an
extremely reliable product. That is my personal opinion, though most people
in this University would probably agree with me. But unless you are in
education, it is quite expensive (they do some *very* good deals).

> > Other one to look at is F-Prot as they charge per server (only about $300)
> > which will be a lot less than Sophos of McAfee will want.
>
>I have had a lot of success with F-Prot myself, on 2 different sites. The
>per-server licensing makes it by far the cheapest of all solutions. They
>even have a discount for non-profits.

Discount? Off their prices? Wow, they can't be making much profit there...
                             Southampton SO17 1BJ