Performance

Kelly Hamlin fizz at BOMB.NET
Mon Jul 1 14:08:29 IST 2002

I Currently use 2 p3 500's and we process about 50 to 70 thousand emails
a day.
***********************************
--Total Mail: 43678
--Total Spam: 11590
--Total Virii: 1053
***********************************

That's stats for one day. The machine also has 256 megs ram.

                  //////
                ( o o )
+--.oooO--(_)--Oooo.-----------------+
| [Kelly Hamlin]
| support at cyberstreet.com
| http://www.cyberstreet.com
|   .oooO
|      (  )    Oooo.
+---   (----(   )----------------------------+
          \_)    ) /
                (_/

-----Original Message-----
Behalf Of Thomas DuVally
Sent: Monday, July 01, 2002 8:44 AM
To: MAILSCANNER at JISCMAIL.AC.UK
Subject: Performance

Julian suggested I post this request here for information.

I'm looking to implement MailScanner on our campus, but I want to be
able to justify it to upper management.  What I'm looking for is info
such as how many e-mail a day, general hardware types used, downtime
issues, etc.

I've been told about sites seeing traffic in the 100,000's, but I don't
know what kind of systems, which makes it tough to compare.

We're looking at implementing it across 3-4 Sun Netra's.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.  I REALLY want to get rid of what
we have now.

Thanks
--
Tom DuVally