EX_TEMPFAIL error

Nick Phillips nwp at LEMON-COMPUTING.COM
Mon Jul 1 07:39:32 IST 2002

On Sun, Jun 30, 2002 at 10:55:01PM -0500, Bill Omer wrote:

> > Have you actually read that web page? Seems fairly clear to me (but then
> > again it would, I wrote it).
>
> Yes I have read the page.  I see that Kaspersky is in alpha status and
> that I should not assume that it works.  My problem is though the error
> messages gives me no information on why it exited out.  I would love to
> see what message Kaspersky gave mailscanner which caused it to exit,
> that way I might be able to modify the wrapper or what not it self to
> actually make it work for me.

I think you skimmed the first paragraph. At least, you missed its point.

  You have probably been sent to this web page by an error message
  that is put in your logs when you first try to run MailScanner. The
  rest of this page talks about the mailscanner.conf setting "Minimum
  Code Status" and what you need to set it to, depending on which
  virus scanner you are using.

There is, as this implies, a setting called "Minimum Code Status" in
mailscanner.conf...

I think the web page explaining this probably could do with a little
rewrite; It also appears to contain a few minor errors. I'll have a go at it.

Nick Phillips -- nwp at lemon-computing.com
It's lucky you're going so slowly, because you're going in the wrong direction.