EX_TEMPFAIL error

Bill Omer bill at DISTMIRR.COM
Mon Jul 1 04:55:01 IST 2002

> What is so hard about it? I would like to know where it or the docs need
> improving.

The actual installation and configuration isn't so terribly difficult,
it's mainly the lack of information on error messages.

> To quote the error message:
> "FATAL: *Please go and READ*
> http://www.sng.ecs.soton.ac.uk/mailscanner/install/codestatus.shtml"
>
> Have you actually read that web page? Seems fairly clear to me (but then
> again it would, I wrote it).

Yes I have read the page.  I see that Kaspersky is in alpha status and
that I should not assume that it works.  My problem is though the error
messages gives me no information on why it exited out.  I would love to
see what message Kaspersky gave mailscanner which caused it to exit,
that way I might be able to modify the wrapper or what not it self to
actually make it work for me.

Regards,
Bill Omer