Exim system filters compatibility

Nick Phillips nwp at LEMON-COMPUTING.COM
Thu Jan 31 20:28:20 GMT 2002

On Thu, Jan 31, 2002 at 04:55:05PM -0000, Ray Gardener wrote:
> Re: my original message below; on turning off SPAM checking in mailscanner the filter works. Strange! Version of mailscanner is 3.04 of exim 3.33. Is there something missing in my configuration?

More likely something dodgy in my code. If you could send me a copy of your
exim filter and the various mailscanner.conf files that either do or don't
trigger it, I'll have a look.

In the past, that symptom has usually been because I've miscalculated the
length of a header in the exim spool file. It could also be that an element
of the spool file is present that I've not seen before, or that 3.33 has
something new that I need to look at. Most likely just a bug, though.

Cheers,

Nick

Nick Phillips -- nwp at lemon-computing.com
Avoid gunfire in the bathroom tonight.