Exim system filters compatibility

Ray Gardener R.A.Gardener at SHU.AC.UK
Thu Jan 31 16:55:05 GMT 2002

Re: my original message below; on turning off SPAM checking in mailscanner the filter works. Strange! Version of mailscanner is 3.04 of exim 3.33. Is there something missing in my configuration?

Regards

----- Original Message -----
From: Ray Gardener
To: MAILSCANNER at JISCMAIL.AC.UK
Sent: Thursday, January 31, 2002 3:55 PM
Subject: Exim system filters compatibility

Hi,

I'm trying to use exim's system filter in conjunction with mailscanner. Briefly the filter keeps a count of certain words - if this count reaches a theshold the mail is rejected.  The filter correctly scans the messages and  most mail goes through but the mail that qualifies for rejection sits in the outgoing queue. The Log file tells me that there a "Format error in the spool file"

Has anyone else seen this?

Can someone confirm that exim system filter works with the exim setup necessary for mailscanner?

Regards,

Ray Gardener
CIS
Sheffield Hallam University.