Outgoing & relayed email

Ant La Porte ant at DVERE.NET
Wed Jan 30 14:35:23 GMT 2002

On Wed, 30 Jan 2002, Ruel C. Bristol wrote:

> I recently installed mailscanner and it seem to be working fine on my
> mailserver. I'm running Redhat Linux 7.1, sendmail 8.11.6 and procmail. I
> just want to ask if its possible to scan outgoing and relayed email by
> mailscanner?

from your header...

or are you talking about a different system?

If you're composing *on* the mailserver *and* your MUA is configure to
call a new sendmail (eg. Pine option for SMTP server is "<Empty Value>" or
"<No Value Set>") it will bypass the mailspool that is being monitored by
MailScanner. Change this value to "localhost" or the machines hostname and
locally composed mail is scanned normally.

Could this be what's happening? Caught me out at first...
--
Ant La Porte, Dvere Network Services
===== http://www.dvere.net ===== i386-slackware-linux-gnu =====