mailscanner-3.04.1 adds ^M at end of line

Matthias Klose doko at CS.TU-BERLIN.DE
Tue Jan 29 11:24:06 GMT 2002

Nick Phillips writes:
> On Tue, Jan 29, 2002 at 08:58:47AM +0000, Julian Field wrote:
> > At 02:03 29/01/2002, you wrote:
> > >Noticed this with 3.04:
> > >  - the mails are ok in the incoming queue
> > >  - lines copied by mailscanner have an ^M appended
> > >  - lines inserted by mailscanner are ok
> > >
> > >this leads to corrupted attachments.
> >
> > Has anyone else seen this? I certainly haven't...
>
> I haven't upgraded yet; will be doing so shortly, but the only way I can see
> for this to happen is if $\ has somehow got set to "\r".
>
> The only places that "\r" is mentioned in the code are where we're stripping
> it from things.
>
> Maybe it's a non-fatal example of the kind of memory corruption that causes
> the segfaults?

I got a mail from Julian, that he could reproduce it.

> Matthias, which version of perl are you using?

Versions of packages mailscanner depends on:
ii  exim                          3.34-1     Exim Mailer
ii  libio-stringy-perl            2.108-1    Perl5 modules for IO from scalars
ii  libmailtools-perl             1.42-2     Manipulate email in perl programs
ii  libmime-base64-perl           2.12-4     MIME/Base64 decoding for Perl
ii  libmime-perl                  5.411-1    Perl5 modules for MIME-compliant m
ii  perl                          5.6.1-7    Larry Wall's Practical Extraction
ii  tnef                          1.1.1-0.1  Tool to unpack MIME application/ms