mailscanner/spamassassin false positives

Martin Sapsed m.sapsed at BANGOR.AC.UK
Wed Jan 23 08:36:54 GMT 2002

On Tue, 22 Jan 2002, Martin Sapsed wrote:

> Julian Field wrote:
> > This was a known problem with 3.01-3. Upgrade your MailScanner to the
> > latest release and the problem will disappear.
>
> I've done the upgrade but still had a message scoring 5 hits marked as
> spam. Is there something I might have missed in the upgrade? I got the
> tarball and unpacked it and merged it in with my current installation.

DOH! Must have done something stupid. It seems that I was somehow still
running the old version and hence the spam threshold was still too low.
I'm now definitely running the newer version and my Dilberts are coming
through unscathed - phew! ;-)

Sorry for the misinformation!

Cheers,

Martin

--
Martin Sapsed                           To have no errors
Information Services                    Would be life without meaning