mailscanner/spamassassin false positives

Martin Sapsed m.sapsed at bangor.ac.uk
Tue Jan 22 15:19:32 GMT 2002

Julian Field wrote:
> At 10:26 22/01/2002, Martin Sapsed wrote:
> >I'm using MailScanner-3.01-3 and SpamAssassin-1.5 and getting mails marked
> >as spam but some of them are only scoring 5 hits. (My Daily Dilberts score
> >9 and get marked!) I've changed required_hits to 10 in
> >/root/.spamassassin.cf already after a previous discussion but it doesn't
> >appear to have helped. Should I upgrade either or both of the components
> >(Sophos is my AV engine and Linux is the server platform) or is there
> >something I should change somewhere?
>
> This was a known problem with 3.01-3. Upgrade your MailScanner to the
> latest release and the problem will disappear.

I've done the upgrade but still had a message scoring 5 hits marked as
spam. Is there something I might have missed in the upgrade? I got the
tarball and unpacked it and merged it in with my current installation.

Cheers,

Martin

--
Martin Sapsed				To have no errors
Information Services			Would be life without meaning