Sendmail user open problem

Julian Field jkf at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Tue Jan 22 20:20:58 GMT 2002

At 18:53 22/01/2002, you wrote:
>I'm testing mailscanner. It seemed to work great when I tried it for the
>first time (start at the console).
>I placed the config in rc.d to start mailscanner and sendmail on a reboot.
>Since then, my sendmail doesn't work correctly anymore. I replaced the
>startup config by the old and the problem persist:

You want to let MailScanner's init.d script start up the 2 sendmail
processes it needs. Don't start a normal "sendmail -bd -q15m" as well!

>169 ?        S      0:00 sendmail: ./g0MHLqn00167 my.domain.name.: user open
>All mail jams in the mqueue.
>What can be the cause of this problem?

What does your mailscanner rc.d script say? It should start 2 sendmail
processes, then mailscanner itself (using the check_mailscanner script). Do
not run a separate sendmail rc.d script as well.
                             Southampton SO17 1BJ