Question - Feature request ?

Julian Field jkf at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Tue Jan 22 15:19:56 GMT 2002

At 15:17 22/01/2002, you wrote:
>What I'd *really* like is the config file to be split into a global section
>and a per-domain section (maybe each domain config could be in a separate
>file). Perhaps this could be done reasonably easily by running multiple
>mailscanner processes, one per domain, each one reading its own config file?

The fundamental difficulty with all this is that a mail message may have
lots of recipients, all in different domains. So what do you do then?

It becomes very heavyweight and awkward to split the message up into
different messages, one for each recipient (you start having to generate
your own queue entries, which I don't want to get into), but otherwise
which rules do you apply to the message?

Once someone can come up with a decent answer to this one, I'll take a
better look at it.
                             Southampton SO17 1BJ