Question - Feature request ?

Julian Field jkf at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Tue Jan 22 14:55:10 GMT 2002

At 14:25 22/01/2002, you wrote:
>First of all, I want to thank Julian and all the good people that have
>helped, for this great software.
>I've been testing a Mailscanner/Sophos combo on a RS/6000 P43 under AIX
>4.3.3, and it's working like a charm.

Thanks!

>Is it possible to filter which domains I want to scan, and which I want to
>pass straight through without being scanned?

Not at the moment, no.

>Best of all would be a config file under /opt/mailscanner/etc/ that could
>work like spam.whitelist.conf, and there I would put the domains that I
>wanted to be scanned.

People wanted some horribly complicated per user + per domain scanning and
spam delivery control mechanism, which is awfully complicated to implement.

Per-domain scanning (and even per-user scanning) using a text file like
spam.whitelist.conf shouldn't be too hard to do, let me think about it.

>Is this possible without much rewrite, or better yet, has someone done
>this patch already?

It's not been done yet, ASAIK.
                             Southampton SO17 1BJ