Sendmail Logs

Kelly Hamlin fizz at BOMB.NET
Mon Jan 21 13:47:18 GMT 2002

this might help..
i get errors when running logger.pl by itself. this may have something to do
with it
root at sairys:/opt/mailscanner/bin# ./logger.pl mail info
./logger.pl: use: command not found
./logger.pl: use: command not found
./logger.pl: package: command not found
./logger.pl: sub: command not found
./logger.pl: line 41: syntax error near unexpected token
`Sys::Syslog::openlog(@
_,'
./logger.pl: line 41: `  Sys::Syslog::openlog(@_, 'pid, nowait', 'mail');'
root at sairys:/opt/mailscanner/bin#

also, here is my
syslog.conf
**************************
# /etc/syslog.conf
# For info about the format of this file, see "man syslog.conf" (the BSD man
# page), and /usr/doc/sysklogd/README.linux.
#

*.=info;*.=notice;*.=mail                       /usr/adm/messages
*.=debug                                        /usr/adm/debug

# We don't log messages of level 'warn'.  Why?  Because if you're running
# a news site (with INN), each and every article processed generates a
# warning and a disk access.  This slows news processing to a crawl.
# If you want to log warnings, you'll need to uncomment this line:
#*.warn                                         /usr/adm/syslog
*.err                                           /usr/adm/syslog
#
# This might work instead to log on a remote host:
# *                     @hostname