Sendmail Logs

Nick Phillips nwp at LEMON-COMPUTING.COM
Mon Jan 21 09:52:27 GMT 2002

On Sun, Jan 20, 2002 at 02:33:07PM -0500, Kelly Hamlin wrote:
> Ive followed what was in the FAQ about adding a -r to the syslogd startup, but its still not logging anything reguarding spam or virus's. Ive had plenty of both come through (virus's clean of course) and spam tagged appropriately. Any help would be appriciated. Im running Slackware 7.1.
> Kelly

Are you getting *any* logging at all from mailscanner?

Anyway, I suggest you check where your syslog.conf is routing messages for
facility "mail".

Then try using the "logger" command to log a message with facility "mail"
and priority "info". See whether that gets there.

And if you have any packet filtering, check that you're not dropping or
blocking packets on 514/udp on the loopback interface (they may not have
127.0.0.1 source and/or destination addresses).

Cheers,

Nick
Nick Phillips -- nwp at lemon-computing.com
You have been selected for a secret mission.