ANNOUNCE: Version 3.03-1 released

Christopher Hicks chicks at CHICKS.NET
Fri Jan 18 21:34:05 GMT 2002

On Fri, 18 Jan 2002, Nick Phillips wrote:

> <Debian evangelism> A system that blows away a user's modified
> conffile is braindamaged. Period. Any decent system would do no such
> thing. </Debian evangelism>

I totally agree, but in my experience rpm Does The Right Thing (TM)
regarding config files.  I generate RPM's for various utilities we use
internally and it works very well.  I've never had a problem with it
regarding config files, but I try to keep my config files in the rpm as
stable as possible so I don't have to worry about all the .rpmsave and
.rpmnew detritus that happens.

--
</chris>

"Outside of a dog, a man's best friend is a good book.
Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read."   -  Groucho Marx