Mac viruses

Nick Phillips nwp at LEMON-COMPUTING.COM
Fri Jan 18 20:11:20 GMT 2002

On Fri, Jan 18, 2002 at 09:49:11PM +0200, Hans Vallden wrote:
> It seems that Sophos for Linux is unable to detect Macintosh viruses.
> I tried a huge bunch (42) viruses and they all went through Sophos
> undetected.
>
> Does any of the other Mailscanner supported  (Linux) virus checkers
> detect Macintosh specific viruses?

Sophos does. At least it should, so I suspect that there's something
funny going on.

Were they all in Mac-specific archives? Does it detect them if you try it
from the command line?

Sophos is actually available for the Mac too, and all the various platform
versions should use the same engine and detect the same viruses.

Which viruses were they? How old are they?

Nick Phillips -- nwp at lemon-computing.com
You will be reincarnated as a toad; and you will be much happier.