Weirdnesses in McAfee autoupdate

Stuart Luppescu s-luppescu at UCHICAGO.EDU
Mon Jan 14 15:26:23 GMT 2002

On 土, 2002-01-12 at 04:21, Julian Field wrote:
> At 22:58 11/01/2002, you wrote:
> >1) I had to copy /etc/cron.daily/Sophos.autoupdate to mcafee.autoupdate
> >and edit it to do the autoupdate for mcafee.
> >2) When I ran autoupdate the first time I got this message:
> >Global symbol "$DATDir" requires explicit package name at ./autoupdate
> >line 123.
>
> This has been spotted and will be correct in the next release. It's just a
> "print" line so doesn't actually do any harm at all. Feel free to delete
> the line in question.
Yes, but it seems to prevent the script from running through to
completion successfully.

[snip]
> The original had datDIR=$PackageDir/dat and this is where the mcafee
> autoupdate script will put the .dat files it downloads.
No, it looks like it puts the .dat files in a directory named for the
date (e.g., 20020114) and then it's supposed to make a link from that
directory to the dat directory, but it doesn't do it. I have to re-make
the link by hand every day.
Stuart Luppescu -=- s-luppescu at uchicago.edu
University of Chicago -=- CCSR
才文と智奈美の父 -=-    Kernel 2.4.14-xfs
Most legends have their basis in facts.   -- Kirk,
 "And The Children Shall Lead", stardate 5029.5