SYSERR(root): Cannot reopen dfTAA01831

Evert Jan van Ramselaar evertjan at VANRAMSELAAR.NET
Sat Jan 12 19:00:15 GMT 2002

Hello list,

Occasionally I get this error in the sendmail log:

Jan 12 19:16:48 ram1 sendmail[1831]: TAA01831: SYSERR(root): Cannot reopen
dfTAA01831: No such file or directory

I don't remember seeing this one before installing MailScanner, so would
this be related to eachother? I can't be 100% sure, but it looks like this
error is only produced after receiving a multipart message. According to my
logs, the sending mailserver also gets an error and the message is
resubmitted about 10-15 minutes later.

Mind you, I get this error just on some occasions, not all by far.

I found 2 documents on the net that might put some light on this:
* http://aa11.cjb.net/sun_managers/2000/05/msg00249.html
*
http://ftp.uninett.no/pub/OpenBSD/src/gnu/usr.sbin/sendmail/contrib/qtool.pl

--