Commercial virus checker failed ...

Nick Phillips nwp at LEMON-COMPUTING.COM
Wed Jan 9 16:53:40 GMT 2002

On Wed, Jan 09, 2002 at 04:20:56PM +0000, Julian Field wrote:

> >But that conflicts with the current Sweep config variable which would give

> The "Spam List" is repeatable already. The above would work, with any
> "Sweep" definition that doesn't contain a comma being the default value
> (for backward compatibility). The docs would be changed to reflect the new
> syntax.

> The only problem with it is explaining it in the docs in such a way that it
> doesn't confuse users who are "hard of understanding" or "hard of reading"
> which includes quite a lot of people, unfortunately (I'm not being
> patronising here, just you should see some of the queries I get in my
> mail!). I guess I could supply a sample mailscanner.conf which includes
> definitions for all of them, so all the user has to do is possibly tweak
> one of the lines leaving the rest untouched.

A Good Plan, I think.

How about:

#MultiSweep = none
#MultiSweep = sophos:/path/to/sophoswrapper
#MultiSweep = f-prot:/path/to/f-protwrapper
#MultiSweep = f-secure:/path/to/f-securewrapper
#MultiSweep = kaspersky:/path/to/kasperskywrapper

...with a nice big friendly comment explaining what to do above it?

Nick Phillips -- nwp at lemon-computing.com
Be careful!  Is it classified?