mailscanner dying

Scott Farrell sfarrell at ICCONSULTING.COM.AU
Mon Jan 7 07:22:29 GMT 2002

no problem, as long as its from just one IP address - that I can allow
through the firewall.

You are on my spam.whitelist.conf (by default), so why don't I give you a
root account also.

Why dont you send the ip address(es) via direct email, and I can send you
some other info also.

regards
Scott Farrell

http://www.icconsulting.com.au
ic Consulting - the people that make eBusiness happen.
We offer e-business consulting and perform services. We deliver high impact
consulting, and fast turn around projects for our clients.
Ask us about Web Content Management,  Web Self Service, or working closer
with your customers or suppliers.

0412 927 156,   02 9411 3622  mailto:sfarrell at icconsulting.com.au

                    Julian Field
                    <jkf at ECS.SOTON.AC.        To:     MAILSCANNER at JISCMAIL.AC.UK
                    UK>                       cc:
                    Sent by:                  Subject:     Re: mailscanner dying
                    MailScanner
                    mailing list
                    <MAILSCANNER at JISCM
                    AIL.AC.UK>

                    07/01/02 04:54 PM
                    Please respond to
                    MailScanner
                    mailing list

If someone is prepared to give me login and root access on one of these
machines where MailScanner is dying, I can do some investigations. But
without that, I just can't reproduce the problem :-(

Any offers please?

At 06:21 07/01/2002, you wrote:
>I am getting a similar result. The mailscanner perl task just vanishes.
>It was occuring on plaintext emails (that aren't scanned) and ones with
>attachments (scanned with innoculate). The innoculate part works fine.
>under Debug=1, I ran the
/usr/local/MailScanner/bin/check_mailscanner.linux
>directly, and saw a few segfaults in line 50, which is the close if I
>think, which doesn't make a lot of sense to me.

>This is perl, v5.6.0 built for i386-linux

This is exactly the same version I am running, but under RedHat 7.1 instead
of your 7.2
                             Southampton SO17 1BJ