Can't get spam checking working?

Gerry Doris gerry at DORFAM.CA
Sun Jan 6 03:52:27 GMT 2002

Hmmm, I think that I mis-understood what would be displayed when spam
wasn't detected.  I thought that there would be a header line (like when
the message is scanned for virus') added in every message not just the
spam messages.

I get very little spam.  I have been adding every site/sender of spam to
my procmailrc file for a long time.  These go directly to /dev/null.
Since I have a home network I can get away with this.  The end result is
that I don't actually get to see very much non-solicted emails.

However, I have another problem :(.  The new version of mailscanner seems
to stop working after a short time.  I've gone back to version 2.6 and am
using spamassassin in procmailrc.  That works fine while I try and figger
out what is going wrong.

I've completely removed mailscanner and re-installed several times but it
hasn't fixed anything so I'll have to dig deeper.  It doesn't seem to
matter whether I have spam detection turned on or not.  After a short time
emails just aren't sent or delivered.  It looks like they just sit in the
queue waiting.

Tomorrow I'll try taking this one step at a time to try and isolate what
is happening.

Gerry

--
"The lyfe so short, the craft so long to learne" Chaucer