Can't get spam checking working?

Julian Field jkf at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Fri Jan 4 23:17:27 GMT 2002

At 21:07 04/01/2002, you wrote:
>I have never seen any indication that spam checking is operational with my
>install of mailscanner.  That includes the 2.6 version as well as the new
>3.01 version.  The virus checking certainly works as it picked up a virus
>just last night.
>
>I installed spamassassin yesterday and it also doesn't seem to be called
>by mailscanner...at least there is no header being added regarding spam
>hits.  On the other hand when I activate spamassassin in my procmailrc
>file it does add the spam headers.
>
>I have edited the mailscanner.conf file turning on all spam options.  I'm
>now at a loss of where to go from here??

You should just get the X-MailScanner-SpamCheck: header, none of the other
SpamAssassin headers will appear. Try sending the SpamAssassin sample spam
message through it, that should show you.

What RBL's are you using? the MAPS-RBL+ is only available to JANET sites
unless you pay MAPS yourself, and the only other one I have left in is ORDB
(I think). Find an open relay in ORDB and send yourself some mail via it.
If you can't find an open relay, drop me a line and I'll dig one out for
you to try.
                             Southampton SO17 1BJ