Excluding Certain Recipients

Julian Field jkf at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Fri Jan 4 10:13:02 GMT 2002

At 20:41 03/01/2002, you wrote:
>Maybe so, but I'm currently using mailscanner primarily for anti-spam and
>I've got the virus chunk of things cut off on all my production machines.
>I don't want to run the virus software without paying for it.  :)

Agreed, this isn't a situation I had come across before. Maybe a feature
for the next version...

>   I like
>the fact that mailscanner will tag the spam and still send it to the user
>so I don't get anybody annoyed for deleting e-mail they want.  I'm very
>much looking forward to the release of mailscanner with junkbuster
>integrated.

Now released :-)

>I found that 2.6 still tries to run  /usr/local/Sophos/bin/sophoswrapper
>with "Virus Scanning = no", however.  I was waiting to mention it until I
>could investigate and send in a patch, but I haven't gotten there yet.

There is now explicit support for a virus scanner called "none" which will
make MailScanner operate as a complete package without the need for any
nasty hack or a commercial virus scanner.
                             Southampton SO17 1BJ