Scanning By Domain

Julian Field jkf at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Thu Feb 21 14:08:15 GMT 2002

At 12:33 21/02/2002, you wrote:
>is there no way to exclude domains from being scanned
>as we host around 400-500 sites per server and instead of including
>them all in the file it would be great if one could exclude domain names
>from being scanned by just adding them to a file
>
>is this already planned ?

It's much easier to build a system where
         if "to" appears in the list of domains or "from" appears in the
list of domains
         then scan the message
than it is to do
         if "to" does not appear and "from" does not appear
         then scan the message
especially when there are lots of "to" addresses.

I suppose I could write a "Domains Not To Scan" list as well. The "Domains
To Scan" list would have to take precedence over the "Domains Not To Scan"
(for domains that appear in both lists), or else bad stuff would start
happening.

                             Southampton SO17 1BJ