Large queues

Youn Gonzales ispmgr at CLAS.NET
Wed Feb 20 17:52:18 GMT 2002

we are now running (2) dual XEON 733 boxes with 1G RAM and under a heavy load they are barely keeping up. we would also be happy to help beta test the code and work through these issues. we also have Deliver In Background set to yes and Delivery Mode set to queue.

:-)

Youn Gonzales
System Administrator
Comptia A+, Network+, INET+,
Cisco CCNA/CCDA Certified Technician
Microsoft Certified Professional

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: James Ratliff
  To: MAILSCANNER at JISCMAIL.AC.UK
  Sent: Wednesday, February 20, 2002 10:42 AM
  Subject: Re: Large queues

  I hate people that "me too", but me too :) We've got a dual 1.4 GHz box with 4GB or ram that runs consistantly under 2 or 3 load average. But sometimes when the volme of incoming mail greatly increases, the single Mailscanner process has a hard time keeping up. I know there are locking issues, but we would be happy to help work through these and to beta test code. Thanks.