GNU / Linux based Anti Virus Software!

Miguel Koren O´ Brien de Lacy miguelk at KONSULTEX.COM.BR
Sat Feb 16 01:32:54 GMT 2002

Rishi;

I assume you are talking about
http://sourceforge.net/projects/openantivirus/  . I looked into this scanner
because I would like to have a 100% Open Source solution and I came to the
conclusion that the fact that it needs java, imposes a very severe overhead on
a server. This could be because I have a natural suspicion of Java, as it
usually crashes my Windows machine and seems to do bad things to my Linux
destop notebook. And on top of that I probably negatively influenced by the
fact that I don really know the java environment.

But of course, I am in favour of having the choice to use it with Mail Scanner
:-)

Miguel