feature ideas

Fri Feb 15 09:01:54 GMT 2002

James

I'll second that request.

we run Mimesweeper and I'd to get off it into mailscanner, but I need
the ability to capture all mails, and I guess I can through together an
context scanner from stuff already out there.

on and a side note has anyone run mailscanner with postfix? I hate
sendmail with a passion (way way too many options) and although exim is
a nice alternative I prefer postfix

--
Martin Hepworth
Senior Systems Administrator

James A. Pattie wrote:

> After doing an install of the mailscanner 3.04 from rpm, I was wondering
> why you did not create the perl modules as rpms themselves?  I do this
> all the time for the perl modules I develop and release (see
> www.pcxperience.org) and have even done this for several CPAN modules I
> wanted to have dependancies on.  It makes things a lot nicer than doing
> it the Perl way.  :)
>
> Also, has anybody toyed with the idea of "archiving" all emails that
> come through the system?  This of course should be a configuration
> option that defaults to off.  The reason I'm asking, is we have a client
> that we are going to use the mailscanner for virus and spam checking but
> they also want to scan all emails to make sure that no offensive content
> is sent through their mail server.  All their users have been notified
> that they are monitoring emails, etc.  Apparently they have had an issue
> in the past with people emailing offensive materials to co-workers, etc.
>
> I'm not asking to incorporate a content scanner (though that would be
> better), just to provide the ability to archive the emails so another
> script can scan them later.
>
> --
> James A. Pattie
> james at pcxperience.com