Problems calling SpamAssassin

Quentin Campbell Q.G.Campbell at NEWCASTLE.AC.UK
Tue Feb 12 09:01:44 GMT 2002

Youn

Setting the "skip_rbl_checks" option may not be enough. Comment the
"Razor" check and also the MX check if they are currently enabled and
see if that improves things.

I had installed the Net::DNS module but that appears to be faulty. I
found that almost any DNS lookup by SpamAssassin was delayed or would
untimately timeout.

If the Net::DNS module was present on your system when you built
SpamAssassin, certain checks may be implicitly enabled according to my
reading of the SpamAssassin docs. To be safe, remove Net::DNS and
rebuild SA.

Quentin
---
PHONE: +44 191 222 8209    Computing Service, University of Newcastle
FAX:   +44 191 222 8765    Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom, NE1 7RU.
"Any opinion expressed above is mine. The University can get its own."