Problems calling SpamAssassin

Youn Gonzales ispmgr at CLAS.NET
Mon Feb 11 22:00:24 GMT 2002

I have set the skip_rbl_checks, changed the scores for the rbl tests to 0,
commented out the rbl checks from the header test cf file and it is still
taking about 2 seconds per message to process messages when using
mailscanner in conjunction with spamassassin.

Setting the max batch size to 30 resulted in the following times for
processing batches:

Batch 1 - 58 seconds
Batch 2 - 70 seconds
Batch 3 - 63 seconds

Changing the max batch size drastically affects the time it takes to process
the batch, as if the spamassassin checks are done serially and as if there
is some overhead involved in the process. Also, checking with ps shows a
maximum of (2) mailscanner processes running at the same time. Is there
anything else we can do to speed up this process or perhaps have more
instances running at a time?

We *really* love the products and our owners are willing to make a
contribution to both projects should we be able to make use of them together
and if you are able to provide a receipt.

Youn Gonzales
System Administrator
Comptia A+, Network+, INET+,
Cisco CCNA/CCDA Certified Technician