Mcafee AutoUpdate Script

Steve Evans sevans at FOUNDATION.SDSU.EDU
Fri Feb 8 19:22:52 GMT 2002

I'm not really strong with Unix so could you tell me how I could check
that.

Steve

-----Original Message-----
From: Lawrence E. Bartash/NPCUSA Engineering [mailto:lawbar at NPCUSA.COM]
Sent: Friday, February 08, 2002 11:22 AM
To: MAILSCANNER at JISCMAIL.AC.UK
Subject: Re: Mcafee AutoUpdate Script

Check to see if /usr/local/mcafee/dat is now a symlink
To your /usr/local/mcafee/20020208

The script should relink it each time it untars a new dat file archive.

The error message "A target has not been specified for scanning" is a
normal error message printed out by uvscan when the autoupdate script
tests the dat files to see if they work. Since the test is actually
scanning nothing, it returns the message!

Hope this helps.